Date: 20 October 2010
Duration: 811pm
I backed around seven pm today.
The seniors did not insist on my stay, indeed, she allowed me to leave when it reached 6pm and to proceed the remaining draft the next day. Thanks dear, I appreciate your kindness and your guidance.
This morning, again we went to NXXX at Melaka Raya to have the final audit at the client's place.
I was doing vouching on ten samples of purchases with highest values. The sources of documents involved Delivery Orders ( authorised) and Suppliers' invoices and Ledger.
Of the several samples, several of the samples' either invoices or delivery orders could not be found. We enquired client's account clerk for the incompleteness of source documents. As far as we were concerned, the purchases that were delivered through E-channels were not filed with Delivery Orders. As for the missing of invoices, the client just clarify that the suppliers did not provide the invoices for some of the months even though they had requested.
We finally finished our audit before lunch and today would be the last day of audit visit to this client's office. Clients dislike auditors' visit--> now i know why---> as every visiting cost such as travelling cost and parking fees would be charged on the clients.
Everything is very clear and detailed in audit firm. For copies of photostated documents to stationery used( included pens and pencil) would be charged on the clients. Hmm... I understand why clients dislike auditors most of the time.^^
After lunch, we backed to office to continue audit work on this company. Senior taught me using CASEWARE which is a software to draft audited financial report. Thanks a lot.
Before the drafting of words, i needed to verify the accuracy of the figures in the Financial statements of prior period. If there is no variances, only further drafting could be carried on. Luckily, no discrepancies found, i continue the next step--> keying in current year figures in trial balances. In the end, i should get ZERO balances.
ARGH!!
I did not get ZERO for the first time.
After much searching and assistance from seniors---> finally the account is balance!
The lesson is!-->TAXATION is a CREDIT item!!!!
After the trial balance was done, i then carried on the drafting of the remaining of the reports such as the Directors' report, Significant accounting policy etc etc.
I did not manage to finish it today, Yong Peng allows me to carry on tomorrow and urge me go back~LOLZ
I learned alot today! Thanks alot!!!! Especially the helpful seniors there~~
No comments:
Post a Comment